Village Cycle Center is once again proud to be a sponsor of the Life Time Fitness Chicago Triathlon 2013, and this year, we are bringing 3 great co-sponsors with us… Trek Bicycle Corp., Bontrager, and Sidi America! POW! To celebrate, we will be running contests and promotions from now until race day.
Look for Village Cycle Center on course and in transition providing support to all the participants of the Chicago Triathlon and all the races. We will also be in attendance at the post race party and have a huge booth with spectacular deals at the Chicago Multisport Expo right next to Course Talk.
Life Time Fitness Chicago Triathlon
Where the World Comes to Race™
For more than thirty years, triathletes have gathered on the shores of Lake Michigan for one of the largest triathlons in the world. Life Time Tri Chicago is an action-packed tour through one of America’s signature metropolises, offering sprint and international distance courses beginning at Monroe Harbor, looping along Lake Shore Drive and culminating with a rousing run down Columbus Drive.
Race weekend also includes the Fleet Feet Sports SuperSprint Triathlon and the Chicago Kids Triathlon, one of the largest youth triathlons in the world drawing more than 1,000 children ages 7–14 on Saturday morning.
Chicago Multisport & Fitness Expo
The 2013 Chicago Multisport & Fitness Expo is held in association with Life Time Tri Chicago, Fleet Feet Sports SuperSprint Triathlon and the Chicago Kids Triathlon. Recognized as the top show in the sport, the Multisport & Fitness Expo offers 150 exhibitors and over 200 booths and is free and open to the public.
The Expo is also site of mandatory packet pickup and course talks for all Life Time Tri Chicago registrants. The Expo, course talks, packet pickup and body marking all take place at the Hilton Chicago.
720 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605
Friday from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Expo is held in the Northeast, Northwest and Southwest Halls in the lower level of the hotel. For more information, please visit the Chicago Multisport & Fitness Expo website.
Village Cycle Center at the Expo
We will be located right next to Course Talk in booths 1305, 1307, 1309, 1311, 1313, 1315, 1414, & 1412.
Here is some of what you can expect from Village Cycle Center at the expo….
- Great deals on products from our co-sponsors Trek Bicycle Corp, Bontrager, and Sidi America. We will “show only” pricing on products so low, we cannot advertise it, so start saving your money now for that new set of carbon wheels, tri shoes, or maybe even an amazing Trek Speed Concept.
- Racks of sale and closeout cycling apparel by Bontrager and Gore Bike Wear, with discounts between 50-80% off!
- A full service center to accommodate bike builds, last minute adjustments, part installs, repairs from shipping damage, and more.
- Season end closeout and sale items from our store at super low prices.
- Helmets, pedals, bar tape, CO2, tubes, tires, levers, water bottles, cages, shoes, socks, gloves, shorts, tops, and almost everything else you realize you forgot when you arrive.
- We will be giving instructional mini classes on flat fixes, chain drops, and other race day bike related topics in the Course Talk area in between sessions.
Please visit the official Lifetime Fitness Chicago Triathlon website for more details about the event.
Mountain Bike Division by Village Cycle Center
Though Village Cycle Center is in Chicago, many of us at the store are mountain bikers, and in honor of that, we sponsor the mountain bike division of Life Time Chicago Triathlon.
All athletes registered in the sprint and international distance events at Life Time Tri Chicago have the option of competing in the Mountain Bike Division.
Although athletes in either international or sprint may elect to ride mountain bikes, only participants who register specifically for the Village Cycle Center mountain bike division will have the opportunity to compete exclusively with other mountain bike athletes for Mountain Bike Division awards.
To compete in the Village Cycle Mountain Bike Division, the tires on your bike must be at least 1.75 inches in width.
Athletes in the Village Cycle Mountain Bike Division will go off in waves within the sprint and international distance competitions, with awards going to the top three men and top three women overall in both the sprint and international distance.
Stay tuned to our blog for contest for free entries and cool products. You can subscribe by email to make sure you don’t miss out, or check our contest section.